My sister is having a baby!!! I am beyond excited for her to become a mother after years and years of supporting me with my births and babies. I have so many fond memories of sitting on the sofa or lying in bed with my sister by my side, enjoying the newborn baby bubble together. She would bring me tea, hold my babies while I showered, play with my big kids while I breastfed, etc. Now it’s her turn to be a mother and I get to be there to support her. Did I mention I am excited?! 🖤
Since it’s been more than five years since I’ve had a baby, I thought I would ask followers on Instagram to share their favourite must-have baby products with me, so I could let my sister know. I received hundreds of recommendations, and what I found so reassuring is that there were certain products that were recommended over and over again. There is no doubt these products are the best out there! (Some of the products are new to me, but others are favourites of mine as well.)
Here is a list of the top 15 most recommended must-have baby products:
- Baby Bjorn Bouncing Chair.
- Ergo Baby Omni Dream Carrier.
- Solly Baby wrap carrier.
- Snuggle Me Organic Baby Lounger.
- Hatch Rest Smart Sound Machine & Night Light in one. (I also received lots of recommendations for the Hushh Portable White Noise Machine too.)
- The Ollie velcro Swaddle. (Lots of people recommended the Love to Dream Swaddles too and the Merino Kids Cocooi Baby Wrap.)
- Organic swaddle blankets. (I received a few recommendations for the swaddles and burp cloths from Willaby.)
- Weleda Products, including organic Nipple Balm, Calendula Nappy Cream, & Breastfeeding Tea.
- NoseFrida ‘Snotsucker’ by FridaBaby. Also the postpartum products from FridaMom.
- Haakaa Silicone Breastpump.
- Sleeping gowns from Nature Baby.
- A good baby changing pad (lots of people recommend the Keekaroo Changing Pad).
- Doona Car Seat & Stroller in one. (The YOYO BabyZen stroller was also highly recommended.)
- A bath support. I personally loved the very simple toweling bath support as it didn’t take up too much room (or look too ugly!) in the bathroom.
- Baby basics like onesies, sleep suits and bonnets. (Favourites are the Cosilana Merino Baby Basics, the Organic Cotton Basics from Nature Baby, all the beautiful merino wool basics from Mama Owl, and the organic cotton sleep suits from Mori Baby.)
For more tips on pregnancy, birth, babies and postpartum, please check out my 3-part Blossom e-Course, available now for immediate access.